The IGD Community of Practice received a $50,000 collaborative grant as part of the IUPUI Welcoming Campus Initiative. As part of the grant, the IGD Community of Practice will host 50 activities around campus during the 2017-2018 school year to usher in IUPUI's 50th anniversary celebration and contribute to making IUPUI a more inclusive, welcoming campus. These activities support four outcomes (click each outcome for information about the corresponding activities):
Through dialogues, increased clarity of and elimination of communication boundaries for major and minority groups so they can talk and listen to each other in an open environment before drawing conclusions.
Deliverables may include (but are not limited to)
- assessment activities with data to demonstrate impact (pre and posttests, open-ended questions, etc.)
- data to inform faculty-engaged diversity plan creation or revisions
- dialogues (minimum of 1 per semester)
- faculty, staff, and student activities related to inclusion and strategic plan objectives (focus groups, engagement projects, etc.)
- Canvas Commons resources related to diversity and inclusion education
- Flyers, brochures, pictures, links, videos, surveys, etc.
Assessment activities may include (but are not limited to)
- Pre and posttest using a modified version of an existing, valid survey for at least one activity per partner
- Open-ended, qualitative reflections to capture written language used by participants
- Satisfaction surveys for the dialogues
- A campus pulse survey surrounding issues of inclusiveness
- Numbers of people impacted directly and indirectly